Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The play's the thing

I can understand why people go sky diving. The hours of training, practising your technique, planning for the big jump, but no matter how prepared you are, there is still that nervous feeling when you're in the plane, about to jump out. Wondering if it will be alright, whether you'll make it to the ground in one piece, tingling with nerves. Then the thrill of adrenaline as you launch yourself out into the sky, the spectacular awe and wonder of the event, and the feeling of relief and accomplishment when you reach the ground. And the energy and excitement to do it all over again.

This is exactly how I feel on opening night. Theatre is my extreme sport. The wings are my aeroplane and the stage is my sky. Nothing beats the feeling when all the nervous tension in your heart converts into a heady exhilarating rush as you step out that door.

Curtain in t minus seven hours and counting...

3 Comments:

At 3:59 pm, Blogger Escheresque said...

Best of luck, sweetheart! I got your flyer, it's on my fridge. Wish I could be there!

 
At 11:30 pm, Blogger The Retro Seamstress said...

Break a metaphorical leg sweetie! I also have your flyer on the fridge :) I like this trading of invitations to events on the other side of the world.

 
At 2:43 pm, Blogger Alli said...

shite! Im prob gonna be at home at the end of Jan/start of Feb.... how long you gonna stay there?

Anyway hope the play went well...

PS news for the day (maybe you know)... Danny and Selena are having a baby!!
xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

yorkshire blogs home page