Monday, July 10, 2006

I'm dyeing here

As if there wasn't enough change in my life.. I decided to dye my hair. The last time I saw my original hair colour was a brief few months in the year 2000, and although there is nothing wrong with being a brunette, red heads seem to have more adventures!


Although the box said "Ruby", I would have to classify the final outcome as "Garnet". I think this is fitting, as this is my birthstone and I do tend to wear a lot of garnet jewellery.

One interesting side effect is that it has made my eyes appear more green. Perhaps they were always this colour, I used to subscribe to the definition "hazel", but somehow having a darker hair colour has made me notice them more. Of course I'm not talking verdant emerald here, more of an enhanced pond scum shade of green...

The bathroom seems to have survived the occassion, there's a few interesting red drops on the linoleum which makes it look like the home of a serial killer, but aside from that I didn't do too badly. And thankfully my ears and my neck are still skin coloured !!

Ahh.. nostalgic memories of high school sleep overs involving tragic cheap and nasty hair colouring sessions...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

yorkshire blogs home page