Friday, August 04, 2006

Your Uncle Travelling Matt

I'm off to the International Congress of Parasitology next week, which is being held just a hop, skip and a jump away in sunny Glasgow. The word sunny is used rather loosely in this context. I'm heading up to Scotland tomorrow to spend the weekend exploring Glasgow, before settling into conference mode for a week's worth of lectures on all the little creatures that cause such hideous tropical diseases. The best bit is that I will get to catch up with some people from Melbourne who are heading over from my former institute! I can't wait to have a drink (or four) with The Polish Dude, and try and track down the elusive Dr. S. It should be lots of fun :)

And on the way back home, I'll be spending the weekend in Edinburgh, and the Fringe Festival is on, so the whole place will be buzzing. I can't wait!

And as for you dear reader, the purpose of this post is mainly to let you know that all will be quiet in Krazy Krystal's Laboratory for the next week or so. So if I don't reply to your emails, comment on your blogs or answer your chat requests, I haven't been half-eaten by Alsatians, I'm in Scotland. The two are very different (or so I hear, having experienced neither personally).
And yes, I have packed my umbrella *giggle*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

yorkshire blogs home page